Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Freight Train with No Brakes


What is it about the passage of time? There are days when it seems like quitting time will never come, but then when the evenings or the weekend is at hand it flys by. Only 4.5 weeks until the Smokeout and like the last several years I've got a lot to do before then. First in line is Mike 'Spider Monkey' Stephens FL Shovel. Thankfully, it is very close to being road ready. This bike has had quite a journey back to being a road worthy bike. Dirty Ed, Bacon, and now me have all had a hand in putting this bike back together and fixing the multitude of problems it has. The payoff will be soon when Mike's Shovel is finally the bike he's wanted it to be. I'll post some pics once it's done.
It's really funnier that despite no longer running a full time retail motorcycle shop, I've still got a bunch of stuff to do for the Smokeout. Every year I swear that the next year I won't work under the event deadline, oh well, there's always next year. Either way, the Smokeout is always a great time and often the ONLY time we all get together and have our kind of fun together. I'm proud to see that a lot of the RUBS still don't get what this event is all about. I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to be. Can't fucking wait.
Here's a shot from last year just to get everybody in the mood.......