Monday, April 11, 2011

Ruining a Perfectly Good Sporty


Put the Andrews N8 cams in the Slingshot today. These cams would be the kid that beat up the wimpy kid on the playground, i.e. the weak stock cams. Not drag race radical, but a large improvement over the stockers, especially on a bike this light.

While I had the cam cover off, I was obligated to give it the classic trim job. This was the first one I'd done, mainly because few customers will pay you to permanently disfigure their bike's engine. After a few hours of rough cutting, grinding, filing, sanding and polishing it's looking right.

2 comments:

Roadside Marty said...

Not bad..it never ceases to amaze me that sometimes you CAN actually build some cool shit..

Bad Monkey Motorworks said...

I watch A LOT of American Chopper and I keep a close eye on the Flat Broke Customs blog to know how to do it right.